Modern M0110 keyboard kit
Out of stock
It turns out when seismologists said the “Big One” was heading to California, they were actually referring to the Modern M0110.
Clocking in at nearly 8 pounds or 3.3 kilograms, this keyboard is an absolute beast and a sight to behold.
The Modern M0110 is a modern take Apple’s M0110 keyboard from 1984
which has inspired keyboards such as the Happy Hacking Keyboard with its blocked corners and countless community designs with its sweeping multi-angled chamfers and thick bezel.
This is a kit, meaning that you are buying a keyboard enclosure and switch plate, so in order to make a fully functioning keyboard,
you will need to purchase a PCB, stabilizers, and switches. Desk Candy has all of these parts available during the group buy period
but you are also welcome to source your own parts and truly make this keyboard your own.
This keyboard includes:
- Case in your selected color / finish (for custom color see this listing instead)
- 1.5mm thick brass plate (Alps+MX) (layouts)
- Case screws (8x M2 and 5x M3)
- Custom box with logo by /u/GarrettSucks aka DixieMech
- Rubber feet
- Engraved serial number (next available non-reserved serial number ordered by order time, go here to reserve your favorite number)
In order to finish a build you will need:
- 60% PCB. Choose from one of the following:
- XD60 v2.0 (MX-only, Micro-USB)
- XD60 v3.0 (Alps+MX, USB-C)
- Pack of 65 switches (for Alps-mount, you can only pick Matias switches)
- Stabilizers (at least 2x 2u and 1x 7u but you may need extra 2u stabilizers depending on your layout)
- Alps Throwback (Alps mount)
- [Optional] Keyboard assembly service if you’d like us to put together your Modern M0110 and ship it to you fully assembled
You are welcome to source parts elsewhere (Modern M0110 supports almost all 60% PCBs with GH60/Pok3r-like USB port location such as GH60, DZ60, Alps64)
so you can order the kit as a standalone unit if you like or order the rest of the parts needed for your build through Desk Candy to save on shipping and take advantage of group buy pricing.
If you would like to further customize and enhance your build, you can also choose from these add-ons and customization services:
- Artisan Made in USA wrist rest by /u/MDDDIY
- Extra brass plate (Alps+MX layout)
- Extra 3mm acrylic plate (Alps+MX layout, can pay extra for a custom layout)
- We also recommend using a 2mm foam spacer with the 3mm acrylic plates for a better fit
- Reserved serial number
- Custom engraving on top assembly’s bottom left and right “blocked” corners or on bottom of case
Finish colors shown in the gallery are silver anodized, grey anodized, and light sand (i.e., beige)
Cerakote in that order. Keycap sets featured at end of the gallery with the light sand Cerakote finish are GMK 9009, SA Penumbra, GMK Carbon, and EnjoyPBT Hiragana (in that order).
Dynamic black surface finish is not pictured in photos. It is a dark matte black with subtle texture and flecks of dark grey.
If you want a custom and unique color for your order, then please check out this product listing instead (same kit, just with extra color option).
The Modern M0110 keyboard kit is expected to ship approximately 4 months after the close of the group buy, so you should expect fulfillment around late November 2018.
Made in Southern California.
|Product Type||Keyboard Kits|
|Price (incl. tax)||€399.00|
|Availability||Out of stock|
|Number of reviews||0|
This product does not have any reviews yet - be the first to write one.