We are glad to come back with Aurora R2 with new colorway and features.
More detailed updates can be found on our Reddit IC Post. If you are totally new to Aurora, please check Aurora R1 information page for more ideas.
With all the new features above, we hope all Aurora users, no matter old or new, can enjoy a great personalized custom typing experience at an affordable price.
The purchase limit per household is: 2x Aurora Snow/Fog/Blue/Pink/Clear
A standard sized, widely available LiPo battery is required for Bluetooth editions but it's not included with the kit. You can source it on your own.
Aurora R2 Highlights:
- Variable gasket mount structure. Remove some or all of the gasket chips to change from firm to bouncy. Both Silicone and Poron gaskets are included to fine tune the experience even further!
- Default PCB (05 - Bodo) for wired version is a hot-swap PCB that supports multiple layouts! This is a very unique feature that lets you use any or all of split L Shift, split R Shift, split Backspace, stepped Caps Lock and ISO Enter, anytime you want. No soldering necessary! Default PCB (06 Iceland) for Wireless version is a Blue Tooth/VIA hotswap that supports splits like Bodo, except space bar. For all PCB specifications, please check PCB table here.
- Default Silicone dampener kits and add-on poron dampener kit can provide different typing feel and sound, so you can test and choose the one you like most.
- The badges are hot-swappable, meaning you can change them without taking apart the case! There will be a custom badge group buy in March / April 2021 that will offer 10+ custom designs in 4 different colors. You can even get a one of a kind badge made with your custom design!
- Personalize your Aurora even further with the use of Logo Chips! The little cutout above the right Arrow Key has LEDs underneath. Cut your own design onto a piece of thick paper and put over the hole to see the light shine through. You can even 3D print plastic chips, laser cut other materials as well. The Aurora will come with one Wuque Studio branded chip, and a blank chip to cover the cutout in case you do not want to use it.
- 1x Ikki68 Aurora top and bottom case
- 1x PCB05 (Bodo) for wired version or PCB06 (Iceland) for wireless version
- 1x Hotswap badge set
- 1x Default PC plate
- 1x Silicone dampening pad between PCB & plate
- 1x Silicone dampening pad between PCB & case
- 1x Silicon Gaskets Set
- 1x Poron Gaskets Set
- 1x Keyboard storage case
- 1x Coiled USB cable (Matches case color)
- 1x Wuque Studio logo chip, color matched to the plate.
- 1x blank logo chip color, color matched to the plate.
- Extra stab washers,screws,diodes,sockets,keyboard feet,hex screwdriver
Alu tops and new PCB plate are compatible with R1.
We Recommend to use WS Stabs Aurora Series (1.2 mm PCB) for Aurora R2 PCB05 (Bodo) and PCB 06 (Iceland)
Aurora R2 kits have 1.2 mm PCB by default, WS stabs fit them perfectly, no need for washers or shims. Since PCB05 and PCB06 have more hotswap sockets for various kinds of splits, normal washers or shims won't sit properly. If you really want to use normal stabs, we suggest you to use threads or other things to lift up stabs like this. Alternatively, you can purchase Aurora Stabs here.
- Top Case material:
Aurora Snow: Aluminum top case
Aurora Fog/Blue/Pink/Clear: Polycarbonatebottom top case
- Bottom case material: Injection molded Polycarbonate for all colorways
- Default plate material: PC
- Weight (fully assembled,Alu Top Case, PC bottom case, no optional weight): 830g
- Weight (fully assembled, full PC case, no optional weight): 720g
- Optional Alu top case: 200g
- Optional weight: 320g
- Case: Frosted PC Top and Bottom case or Alu Top case and PC Bottom case
- Typing angle: 6.5 degrees
- Dimensions: 6" x 4.4"
- Base height: 9" tall without rubber feet
Also available at:
Middle EU: Mykeyboard
Rest of the world: Wuque Studio
1. The Ikki68 Aurora is DIY, enthusiast product. It is not terribly complicated to assemble, but some basic tool skills such as managing torque with a screwdriver, and some basic keyboard building skils such as how to install stabilizers, hot-swap switches are required. You will not be required to solder anything.
2. Reading and following the build guide is essential, especially if it's your first time building. Please make sure you are aware of this before building Aurora.
3. Please note that this is a group buy. Estimates are our best guesses, they're not guaranteed. Delays and setbacks may occur. DO NOT PURCHASE if you do not agree with the terms and conditions.
Your payment method will be charged as soon as you place the order.
Renders are shown to give a sense of what the final product will look like. The end product may differ slightly in color from the renders that you see. By purchasing this product, you acknowledge that there may be differences between the renders and final products.
|Product Type||Keyboard Kits|
|Price (incl. tax)||€186.99|
|Availability||Out of stock|
|Number of reviews||1|
I like the design of the board, but the wireless version does not come with a battery. You have to order the battery from somewhere else and then potentially solder some connector to it. Another problem is the fact, that the wireless version is not yet via / qmk compatible, only with some kind of work around. Might follow, but not right now. So I would get the wired version, which doesn't have these problems.
Reviewed by anonymous on 19 Aug 2022, 2:20 p.m. | Permalink
This review has no votes.